16.4.12

Cornflake Cookie

16.4.12 0 comments

I've always loved cereals in general. But rarely do I pick up the plain ole cornflake from the shelf. It's usually either chocolate or the real colorful ones! I really don't know if it's just me or does the kiddie marketing rub off on adults too- or maybe it's just me, and how I think- a bit (or a lot) like a child still. Oh well. Whatever makes us happy right? =)


But when I saw this somewhere on pinterest, I immediately headed for the cereal aisle and grabbed the biggest box of cornflakes there is. And after doing this- I realized that these plain ole things are yummy and a lot healthier than the sugar and coloring-packed stuff I used to eat. I now enjoy a bowl of low-fat milk, cornflakes, a bit of oats and sliced bananas for breakfast everyday :)

And snack on these glorious crunchy things!

My recipe after the jump! 

Cornflake Cookie
What you need:
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 eggs
1 C All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
Lots of cornflakes

What to do:
1. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs.
2. Continue beating until smooth and it changes color and texture to creamy light yellow.
3. Sift in flour and baking powder. Fold to cookie mixture. 
4. Scoop and form balls. 
5. Flatten and roll over cornflakes, pressing more on top to completely cover. 
6. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry. 
Serve hot or cold, with milk. 

enjoy =) 

abbey

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 The Bee in the Kitchen | TNB | Designed By Ivy Vivo